So I am finally updating. Sorry everyone!
This post is to show the process of making the skirt. However, there are not a lot of pictures so a lot of it will be described, or else you may have to look up yourself.
This is the other layer of the skirt. I have used a blue suiting material that I also used on the jacket. The best thing about this cosplay is that a lot of the same colours and materials were used.
The outer layer consisted of 3 large sections. There would be a seam (where the two pieces of material join) on The left, the right and at the back. The back is special that it has a zip in it.
Here in the photo, it shows the notch. I was required to stitch up to the notch and leave the rest open as the zip would be stitched there.
This is the three pieces of material folded to make the size of only one. When spread out, it was quite large and I couldn’t fit it all into the photo.
So I started making the waistband but I quickly found out that I had to make it bigger and that it needed to be made of the blue material, not the ivory one.
The waistband consisted of three pieces shaped like this.
Here is another variation of the waistband done in the ivory lining. I used the lining to create the petticoat.
This is 1 segment of the lower section of the petticoat. There are 5 more of these segments.
Here is the 6 segments sewn together. It is incredibly large, but it needs to be.
Also, the lining is quite a light fabric to prevent being weighed down and too hot.
This is a thin hem. I had to look it up on youtube just to figure out how to do it. Turns out you need to just make the hem 6mm and double it to make it neat.
The rest isn’t documented so I’ll try to explain it as best as possible.
With the bottom ruffle completed, I had three sections, similar to the outer skirt but much shorter, together. I then had to stitch the bottom ruffle with the upper one using a technique called gathering.
If you are interested, watch tutorials on how to gather on youtube as there is many different ways to gather and sometimes it’s best to decide which is easiest for you.
Here’s an image of a small section of the petticoat.
The two tiers was then stitched to the outer skirt, matching up the seam for the zip.
The zip was sewn in and I began on the waistband.
This is the front of the waistband. The waistband exists to make the skirt lay flat under the corset.
The white stuff is boning, to sturdy the material.
This is the side/back section of the waistband.
Here is the side waistband ready to be turned over (It’s possible I did this the wrong side, I sometimes get confused)
Here are the three pieces together. If you think that it looks a bit small, it was. I had to re-do the side sections to add an extra 10cm. It was then a bit big at the top, but it’s easier to take something in then to make something bigger.
This is the waistband being sewn together to make it nice and tidy. The side sections are inside out and have to be pulled the right way around.
Here is the waistband finished
Once I had completed a waistband that actually fit me (there was no sizes on the pattern for some reason), it was sewn to the rest of the skirt to complete it.
No image of the completed skirt as yet, hopefully next post